HDG is not a fool. He is doing all of this for a purpose. He is well aware of the fact that there are lot of people in Iskcon who hate dhotis, sarees, indian food and simultaneously they are not willing to give up their, whatever bhakti they have for Krishna viz., they also want have to something to do with Krishna and Prabhupada, not to the fullest extent but something and still not give up their western mentality and habits. That is to say-
- 0 to 3 regulative principles.
- Some rounds here and there.
- Some nice dalliance with the opposite gender before marriage may be an affair or two.
- A few cups of coffee every once in a while.
- Visiting the touristy dhams once a year.
- Listening to Krishna Das, Jai Uttal, Shyama Das indiscriminately as they might hear regular good devotees.
- Watching iskcon women’s fashion shows.
- Seeing young matas dance in tight indian outfits.
- Reading new age books
- Believing and trying to implement The Secret, The Celestine Prophecy, etc.
- Animal rights activists
Now, who is that guru who will give such liberal “fringee” souls shelter? Hridayananda Goswami is the answer.
Sva-vid-varaha ustra-kharaih samstutah purusah pasuh www.vedabase.com/en/sb/2/3/19