When i sent her an essay by Bhakti Vikas Swami explaining why FDG is not correct. She sent this reply:
- Sometimes the husband and wife stay together, and sometimes (as Srila Prabhupada did himself) they live separately.
- One duty in the vanaprastha asrama is to travel to holy places, and every ISKCON temple is a holy place.
- Srila Prabhupada writes that the duty of those in the renounced orders is to give discourses and produce literature.
- Srila Prabhupada consistently and strongly wanted women to also be preachers and at no time did he ever want otherwise.
- Whether we preach from the grhasta or vanaprastha asrama, we are duty-bound to preach if we claim to be his disciple or follower.
1) Focus on the words “live separately”. Here is what Nyaya shastras & common sense refers to as changing the definition [and then cleverly skipping ahead]
It is ok to fly around the world even though we “live separately” from our husbands.
Its not a divorce it’s a “separation”. Not a divorce, mind you! Or a BSS used to say, “Don’t say ‘cow,’ but rather ‘an animal with four legs, a tail, and two horns that gives milk.’”
Observe how wit is applied to change the definition and make it sound acceptable to the world. The world of dunces I mean.
2) ‘Live separately’ has in point No. 2 become “Travel separately” as well. Or in other words, “Travel/act/preach without a controlling master (in the form of the father, husband or son). To have nobody or specifically no man is to be set above the geriatric female peripatetic, is the desire. They are to be made laws unto themselves. The deeper psychological reason is that: When a man controlled them they were abused. Now, once burnt twice shy is the case of the female peripatetic. Thus all men are perceived as potential assailants of either their gross body or their subtle bodies. Hence all ungodly attempts are being made to have no man control them and since the society that she is in is Iskcon relies on SP’s words so SP’s words are used to justify her desires.
3) We study point 3:
- Urmila Dasi says, “Srila Prabhupada writes that the duty of those in the renounced orders is to give discourses and produce literature.”
- A classic FDG camp quote, “those possessing the title of bhaktivedanta will be allowed to initiate disciples”.
- Prabhupada says, “In other words, sex life should be utilized only to produce a nice child, not for any other purpose.””
So, from the 3 statements above the following syllogism should be also correct.
- Since Prabhupada mentions using the specific words “produce a nice child” now, we must ask the men to get pregnant and thus deliver children from their own body.
Thus, this is a logical fallacy that Urmila Dasi committing.
4) Do look at point 5 here she making her nuanced feminine sort of below the belt taunt at BVKS. (BVKS who when we quoted on the matter of FDG, these 5 lines were her reply to begin with.)
. . .
Who is in the renounced order?
When Prabhupada says “renounced orders” he means men only are to give temple class. Not that both members of the vanaprastha couple are to give the temple class. Exactly similar is the logical delusion found when they quote “those possessing the title of bhaktivedanta will be allowed to initiate disciples”. With great stealth and wit is injected herein the meaning that is concocted and driven by gender equality ideas and is befitting of someone who is a scorner of the scripture.
“Discourses” Two inquires are made by us:
- Who is the audience in those discourses?
- What is the platform for those discourses?
The answer we will get from her is.
- “to give discourses” i.e. classes are delivered from the vyasasana.
- If it is a temple class then obviously the audience is the temple devotees.
From where does she get this idea: ‘giving discourses’ means that she must give temple classes to mix gender audiences?
The ‘we are not the body’ rascaldom
Not one single woman in Gokola Vrindavana is on the bodily platform of life. Yet, not a single woman wants to wear a dhoti kurta or play like the rest of the cowherd boys with Krishna. Meaning- A woman who is actually beyond the bodily concept of life has no thought of taking the men’s roles in Iskcon. Why would such a liberated woman feel uncomfortable in the duties of a woman? Why would such a woman divorce her husband? What liberated woman has divorced her husband? To declare that we are not the body and we are the soul and then want to take the men’s roles is a gross form of cheating.
urmila dasi is spreading some teachings which are what prabhupada taught us. She is misleading the innocent devotees who look up to her.